Friday, August 12, 2011

September, the second installation of the twelve-part By Any Other Name, will be up as soon as I can get the internet to behave with something vaguely resembling reliability. In  theory, I'm going to be able to do a month a week; this is, of course, entirely dependent upon both the internet and inspiration working with some level of regularity.

Oh, and if my various other-life responsibilities allow it. DARN YOU, DENTIST, PARENTS, UNFULFILLED SOCIAL OBLIGATIONS, WORK, BIRTHDAY AND LIFE. DARN YOU TO THE PLACE WHERE THERE ARE NO SOCKS.

ETA: Last night, I was listening to a coworker ramble on about how much he hated institutionalized education. After a half hour, I ran out of noncommittal grunts and got tired of cycling through the five vague noises of interest, so I looked up from my book and snapped, "Bullshit. You are full of shit."

Much to my shock, the world did not end and he did not kill me; instead, we had an interesting conversation-sum-argument and ended up coming to some form of common ground.

So apparently there's nothing wrong with disagreeing with people when you believe them to be wrong.

This realization has sent me 'round the twist, I don't mind admitting it.


1 comment: